Congratulations for making it through the first semester of the 2014-2015 school year! We hope that you all have a relaxing and wonderful winter break! In between relaxing, spending time with family and friends, and catching up on sleep, remember to use your free time wisely! These quick and easy steps can make preparing for your spring activities a breeze!
1) Add relevant courses from the fall semester that complement your desired career field to your resume. Remember to include a short description of the course!
2) Add jobs, internships or research positions you participated in during the fall semester. Remember to include a description of exactly what you did!
3) Adjust your GPA with your new (and improved! ) cumulative GPA.
4) Determine which of your fall classes you enjoyed the most and set an appointment with a CCD career counselor (http://ccd.rice.edu/appt/) to explore career fields associated with the subjects! This is great for undecided freshmen and sophomores!
5) If you are interested in internships/research/jobs for the spring semester, sign on to Rice Link (http://ccd.rice.edu/jobs-internships/) and start exploring!
6) If you are interested in internships/research/jobs for the summer, also start exploring these opportunities now. To prepare for summer opportunities, look at the available spring opportunities to get an idea of what the company is looking in their employees and interns.
7) Establish goals that you have to build your resume or networking base in the spring semester. Follow the link to the CCD calendar (http://ccd.rice.edu/calendar/) and plan at least 2 events to attend with us!
Follow these tips to get a head-start before the spring semester! We look forward to seeing you in January! Enjoy the break & happy holidays!
- Amalya Lewinson, Wiess PCA